Sebastian Häni is DevOps Engineer at Swisscom building an advanced E2E monitoring solution that supports the whole organization in achieving their reliability goals. The technical skills he uses there involve Microservices, Streaming, Machine Learning, Cloud, Single Page Applications (React) and others. Before that, he worked at Swisscom on a B2B customer-facing platform as lead engineer. Prior to that, he spent time building fullstack applications at DV Bern and RUAG. Sebastian has a MSc degree in Engineering with specialization in Data Science.
Talk: Holistic Monitoring - Taming IT and Organizational Complexity
When operating complex infrastructure, a key challenge is to get a holistic monitoring view of running services that supports: 1. A common customer centric culture across the organization
2. Making investment decisions
3. Minimizing MTTR and maximizing the Deployment Frequency The key ingredients of a solution we showcase in this talk are: - Decentralized responsibility in a centralized view: Self-service SLO and AD management
- Team Mastery: Consulting, training and support
- Seamless integration: advanced stream and batch processing
- Auditable progress towards the targets