Workshop: Cypress – solve your real-life UI test automation problems
UI tests, often close to the top of the automation pyramid, are notoriously hard to make fully deterministic. A true tester will recognize the situation where their tests are sometimes passing, sometimes failing, without a clear cause. The widespread use of Selenium to do UI testing would suggest that there are not a lot of other options. Cypress.io sets out to fix just that: those pesky, flaky, frustrating tests. With a fresh view on the test development lifecycle, an architecture that is not based on Selenium. Could this be the Selenium killer?
Participants will learn:
- How Cypress.io differs from Selenium and other UI testing alternatives
- To setup a Cypress.io project
- How CSS locators work in Cypress.io
- To write your first test in a few minutes
- To use the built-in mocking and stubbing options to isolate your tests
- Integrate Cypress.io in your CI
Joël is a QA lead and consultant with a strong passion for building high-quality software as a team effort. In his work, Joël combines his expertise in guiding people, shaping processes, and showing teams how much fun it is to test their apps with Cypress. Testing frontends with Cypress really brings the test suite close to the application code, which empowers developers to write tests themselves, and helps to bridge the gap between testers and developers. Joël likes to do just that.